Governor Gavin Newsom Extends DRE Statutory Deadlines by 60 Days
On April 16, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom issued Executive Order N52-20 which, among other things, extends several Department of Real Estate (DRE) statutory deadlines by 60 days.
Highlights of the Executive Order that relate to DRE stakeholders include extending the following for 60 days:
- timeframes associated with examination application expiration dates
- timeframes associated with license expiration dates
- deadlines related to the payment of license application fees
- deadlines related to the payment of license renewal fees
- deadlines related to completing continuing education requirements for expiring licensees
- deadlines specified in existing Orders issued by the Real Estate Commissioner
DRE understands that right now licensees are focused on keeping themselves and their families safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With the signing of this most recent Executive Order providing for extensions of licensing deadlines, licensees can continue focusing on their safety and well-being.
Frequently asked questions about the Executive Order are provided on DRE’s website.