You deserve recognition for your long-term commitment to organized real estate!
The California Association of REALTORS® and Orange County REALTORS® offer honorary memberships if you meet eligibility requirements. Currently any applications submitted will be considered in the current year for a waiver of next year's dues. The DRE offers an exemption from continuing education if you meet licensing criteria. For information on DRE Exemption, please visit the DRE website.
California Association of REALTORS®: Honorary Member-for-Life
- 25 years of accumulated C.A.R. Membership
- 75 years of age or older
- Complete C.A.R.’s Honorary Member-for-Life Application
- Applications submitted prior to 25 years of accumulated C.A.R. membership cannot be accepted.
- Scan and email application with a copy of your Driver's License to OC REALTORS® (949) 586-0382 (attn: Ellie; Ellie Cohen)
The Honorary Member-for-Life application requires approval of the C.A.R. Membership Committee and the Board of Directors at one of its three annual membership meetings C.A.R. must receive the application in advance of the meetings in order to be effective (if approved) for the following dues year.
Upcoming Application Deadlines
- August 14, 2020
National Association of REALTORS®: REALTOR® Emeritus
- 40 years of cumulative National Association of REALTORS® membership
- Must have completed at least one year of service at the National Association level
- Contact Ellie Cohen at OC REALTORS® Laguna Hills to apply
- OC REALTORS® will submit your application electronically to NAR
- August 14, 2020
A dues waiver does not take effect until the following “dues season.” REALTOR® Emeritus members are exempt from the Quadrennial Ethics Training requirement. Additional information and application requirements are available on NAR's website.